Planning of Development & Research Policy
- Next Challenge is committed to innovative service ideas, marketing strategies, projects and research opportunities. Development & research are considered core duties and values for Directors and employees of Next Challenge. Research and development activities are undertaken to enhance services, improve current processes and to better implement evidence based practice in service delivery at all times.
All current and suggested development tasks are considered by the Next Challenge Directors during regular management and planning meetings. research and development opportunities are identified from client, family and stakeholder and employee feedback through formal and information options.
Next Challenge implements a project plan for large scale development activities (defined as those requiring over 10 hours of dedicated time), assigns a process leader and requires quarterly reporting on progress of that project plan.
Next Challenge has a number of small scale tasks under current development or research. Additional ideas or suggestions are recorded as they arise, then are assigned to an individual for further investigation.
Commitment to developing a suggestion/ tasks further is considered with regard to its:
- Mandatory or essential changes to meet our corporate and professional responsibilities,
- Potential value or benefit for Next Challenge;
- Priority in comparison to other tasks scheduled for the year;
- Availability of suitably skilled employees to participate in the task;
- Amount of time required for the task;
- Costs (both direct and indirect); and
- Ease of progression/ obstacles preventing implementation etc.
Date of Policy: October 2003
Date Review Completed: May 2016
Due for Review: April 2019