School Services Policy
Next Challenge actively partners with schools as an essential environment for children to be supported to participate fully in physical, social and learning outcomes. Next Challenge therapists will engage with school personnel to seek the best means of supporting a child or a community of children to access the school environment and curriculum.
Next Challenge will offer a variety of ways to engage in a collaborative partnership with schools including:
- identifying children who require extra support to participate in the classroom
- provision of information and advice to best support children’s participation at school
- provision of modelling and demonstration of strategies and techniques
- provision of updates and feedback as a child’s skill level progresses
- provision of intervention in class or in the school environment
- provision of professional development to school staff
- provision of equipment and resource suggestions
The type of engagement will differ for each school and for each child in response to the needs of the child, the family’s purpose for engaging in therapy services, the schools purpose for engaging in a collaborative partnership and funding options.
Date written: January 2006
Date reviewed: October 2016
Date due for review: October 2017